So there I was quietly going about my business not harming any one yesterday, when all of a sudden, right out of the blue and without any prior warning, I was suddenly chased and tagged by a moose! And a depressed one at that!
Oh ok well perhaps I made that up and perhaps it didn’t happen quite like that LOL. But what did happen yesterday is just as much fun and is that I was tagged by my blogging buddy over at The Depressed Moose (DM).
According to the rules (and we all know how tremendously well behaved I am when it comes to rules) I now have to…
1. Post the rules. – √ Done
2. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post. – √ Done
3. Create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged. – √ Done
4. Tag (eleven) people with a link to your post. – √ Done (Well maybe not 11)
5. Let them know they’ve been tagged. – √ Done
OK So now for DM’s 11 Questions to me…
What is your proudest moment from your blogging career?
Oh that is a hard one. I really struggle with self-credit and being all nice and positive about myself. (But then I know me better than most people know me, don’t I). Additionally I tend to avoid the whole pride thing. Writing pieces and having folk say that it really communicated to them and touched them is always satisfying but my greatest joy or satisfaction comes from seeing others benefit so I think starting the Mental Health Writers Guild or the Just One Touch Campaign would have to come up there near the top of the list.
What is your proudest moment in your life?
Wow another tough one! Man I suck at this whole pride thing! There have been many wonderfully blessed moments in my life. The day I gave my life to Christ. The day I was married, (despite the fact that the marriage in the end failed). The advent of each and every new son or daughter or grandson or granddaughter. Sorry can’t pick one.
What is your biggest achievement?
LOL I really do suck at this don’t I!
I have had many things in my life which for me were great achievements. Some are mentioned above and some I just don’t talk about. The greatest achievements for me are not about me or what I have achieved but what little I can do to help or encourage others to achieve and especially what I can do to help or encourage my children to achieve.
So in truth the greatest achievements in life will, as far as I am concerned, come long after I am gone and will happen in the lives of my children and my children’s children and in how they reach out to others.
What makes you feel happy when your down?
That would have to be my faith and my family. (Oh look a simple answer! Way to go me!)
Is there a particular song that makes you happy?
Music is a big thing in my life. Being a bit of a singer and having been a worship leader lots of songs have special places in my heart. Choosing one which made me happy would be difficult. In truth I prefer songs that touch your heart rather than just happy songs. ‘Hushabye Mountain’ is favourite of mine as I sing it to my kids. ‘Edelweiss’ as it means stuff to my adopted parents. ‘To be a Pilgrim’ because as a boy it meant something to my mother. ‘O Danny boy’ because it meant something to my father. O Father of the Fatherless, because it is the first song my mother heard me sing in church. ‘Roll Out The Barrell’ because I am so obese and the mental picture of them playing it as they roll my extra wide coffin down the aisle at my funeral and the looks on the faces of those gathered there always amuses me some 🙂
Is there a film to make you happy?
I prefer rites of passage type films, ‘Stand By Me’, ‘Kes’, ‘The Outsiders’ are all favourites. Man I am boring aren’t I? lol
If your happy and you know it and you really want to show it. do you clap your hands? or what do you do?
I laugh. I like to laugh. And I share it. I like to share my happiness with those I hold dear to me. And then I give thanks for it. It is such a precious thing I like to acknowledge it.
What is your favourite inspirational quote?
For me there can be no greater verse in the bible which demonstrates both the humanness of Christ nor indeed his deity. It reminds me of the incredible courage, conviction, and compassion that He showed and still shows and it grants me the permission that my upbringing and in many ways society seeks to rob me of – Permission even as a man to cry and to do so freely and to recognize it as a strength and not a weakness. Something which I always try to pass on and encourage in my children.
Do you have a “happy place” where you like to go and hide from the world?
Water, the sea or the river and especially bridges are my (physical) happy places. Ironically they are also the places I go when my suicidal ideation takes over.
If you was happy and I was sad how would you cheer me up?
I am not sure I would do anything to cheer you up. Sadness is not always an unwelcome or an unhealthy guest in our lives. It serves a purpose and for me to presuppose that you need cheering up is for me to try to influence your feelings without first respecting you enough to know the reason for your feelings and your needs and desires in them.
I have long been convinced that emotional depression is just as influenced by our misunderstanding of the purpose and place for sadness in our lives as it is the misconception that happiness is the state we should all strive to exist in.
If happy was a person who would he look like in the real world?
If happy was a person he would have the constant appearance of invisibility and the morphic ability of appearing as whoever was needed.
The true benefit of happiness is that it takes many forms according to the needs of others> It’s strength is in it not being the centre of attention but more of a welcomed background visitor and besides I am convinced that if happiness had one appearance some would seek to destroy it.
I am not sure they are very good answers but hey at least they have been honest and open and if nothing else they no doubt demonstrate just how weird I really am lol
And I can now wear my “You’ve been Depressed Moose Tagged”
badge with pride!
Which of course leads me to the next part of the game. Asking 11 Questions of my own for those I am tagging. Hm. This could be dangerous as I am in a strange mood today.
My 11 Questions for those I tag…
01. Beauty pageants often require the the participants to demonstrate an individual skill or talent – if you were in a beauty pageant which individual skill or talent would you demonstrate?
02. What part of your body would you change if you could and how would you change it and why? (If this is too personal just makes something silly up like adding wings to yourself or simply decline from answering lol)
03. If you could take me to one special place to share it with me, where would you take me and why?
04. Do you have any tattoos and if so what and where are they?
05. If I was to get a tatoo on my left buttock and you could have absolute say in what I got tattooed there – words or picture or both – what would you choose and why? (And trust me there is plenty of room for quite a few words LOL ( Now there’s a mental picture you never needed! LOL) Oh and answering ‘wide load’ would not be nice!
06. Which movie made the biggest impact on you during your childhood years? Please name the movie how old you were and why it made such an impact on you?
07. If you could be one human movie character of the same gender as you which character would you choose and why? Please also name the movie as well as the character in case we don’t know them.
08. If you could be one human movie character of the opposite gender to you which character would you choose and why? Please also name the movie as well as the character in case we don’t know them.
09. If you could be one non-human movie character which character would you choose and why? Please also name the movie as well as the character in case we don’t know them.
10. If you were given an invisible protective bubble which afforded you the ability to go and witness and experience (in total safety) any moment in world history which moment would you choose and why?
11. If you were then given the opportunity to experience that same moment in world history but this time without the protective bubble would you choose to do it (and if so why) or choose another more safer moment in world history and if so which moment and why that one?
Ok there are my eleven questions and now for the people I am tagging…
My Eleven Tags…
At The Mountains of Madness
bipolar and breastless
But She’s Crazy
Human In Recovery
Infinite Sadness… or hope?
I Was Just Thinking
Not Quite Lost
Pride In Madness
Seasons Change, and So Have I
The Depressed Moose (Turnabout is fair play in my book Lol)
The Mirth of Despair
Ok So there you have it! My Thanks of course go to DM for tagging me in the first place.
I hope that all those I have subsequently tagged will play along and I apologize if some of the questions (which I have tied to mix up between silly, fun, and thought provoking) are not too personal but I do like to challenge you know and you can always b selective in what you do or don’t answer 🙂
Looking forward to the responses!
Kind Regards and God bless.