It seems that I am behind the times. Hm Nothing new there LOL but it seems that there has been this tagging game going around and this morning I got tagged by Fractured Angel over at The Mirth of Despair.
It sounds like good fun and so here are my answers.
But first the rules… (Taken from Part 1 of the game)
- Post the rules that are a part of this game.
- Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
- Tag eleven people and link to them on your post.
- Let them know you’ve tagged them! (but of course).
And so to the questions and my answers… (My answers are in italics)
1) What is your favorite mini-series?
Hmm I would have to say that at the moment it is a mini-series called Grimm.
2) What song is currently stuck in your head?
That would be ‘They Say I am Doing Just Fine” by Michael Kiwanuka and from his recently released ‘Home Again’ Album
If you’re a girl, who would you pick as your girl-crush? Or if you’re a guy, who would you pick as your guy-crush? You have to choose at least one. Although I guess this question has a heteronormative bias. Whoops. Well, if you identify as homosexual, choose someone of the opposite sex as your answer. Okay, I’m amending this question to try to make it as bias-free as possible. Who’s one guy and one girl you have a crush on? You must choose one of each.
I have to pick one of each? A boy and a girl lol?
Ok I’ll go with it. I don’t actually have crushes as I am just not wired that way it seems. But if I did it would be um Marilyn Monroe as I was once mildly attracted to her. As for a guy? Ok struggling here. I think it would have to be someone interesting River Phoenix.
4) If you got to choose any occupation you wanted and money wasn’t an issue, what would you choose and why?
Actor or missionary.
5) When you’re using numbers to make a list, do you put periods, parentheses, or something else (if so, what), after the numbers? Why do you think you have this preference?
It depends on where I am using them. If it is a list within a sentence I use parentheses as I think they are less confusing than periods in that setting but if it is in an independent list I generally use periods. I think it is neater looking.
6) What sorts of books do you like to read, and why?
Christian books because of my faith. True Life stories, Rights of Passage and Autobiographies because I like the real human element of them. Books about mental illness because I like to understand what is happening to me and to be challenged by other people’s thinking on it.
7) You’re driving for at least four hours by yourself. You don’t have a CD player, and you can’t hook up your mp3 player or smartphone to your stereo. How do you occupy yourself?
I would probably sing. But since I don’t drive so I would probably occupy myself by wondering what manner of mania led me to getting into and stealing someone else’s car and by panicking and praying I didn’t crash into anything.
8) Do you believe in anything supernatural? If so, what?
As Christian I believe in Christ and having that belief yes I believe in the supernatural in spirits etc but possibly in a more orthodox way than most non-christians and possibly a less orthodox way than most Christians lol
9) Why do you visit my blog? (How’s that for a nosy self-promoting question? No, you don’t need to answer this second question. It’s rhetorical.)
I enjoy visiting your blogs and I enjoy seeing how you look at things and how you approach situations. I am a firm believer that we should always challenge our own approaches and understandings by matching them up against those of others. Here is a quote for you that I thought of the other night. “If there is such a thing as ‘the university of life’ then it is probably meant to be a community college.”
10) If you have a smartphone, which 5 apps do you use the most? If you don’t have a smartphone, why not?
I used to have a smart phone but fell and smashed it in the phone and then decided that for the amount I use one I just couldn’t justify the expense. So I have a fairly bog standard phone now.
11) What is the most important principle for you to live your life by, and why?
Ok here again my faith come into it. (Sorry I really am not a fanatic about it and I try hard not to ram it down other people’s throats so to speak.) But in answer to the question it would be this,
“To thine own self be true. But do so in the knowledge that the true self you are meant to be was pre-designed by God but corrupted by circumstances of life and thus only possible through Christ. And always remember that being true to thine own self should never be at the cost or to the detriment of others.”
And so for the eleven people I am tagging.
- As The Pendulum Swings
- bi[polar] curious
- I Was Just Thinking
- if i die before i sleep
- Infinite Sadness…or what?
- James Claims
- Manic Muses
- Mathematically Confused
- Seasons Change, and Change
(See periods and not parentheses)
Ok that’s it I think. Now I am off to tag those I have listed 🙂
PS. (Added later) OOPS Carla just pointed out that I am meant to also set my own 11 questions (sorry Carla I missed that part.) I promise to set some questions later but for now please just delete my answers and insert your own answers to the excellent questions already asked.